"Personal data" is data that can be used to identify a natural person. Some examples of personal data that we may collect are:
• Your identity
• Your personal details
• Your photos and images
• Your account details
• Your preferences
• Your voice recordings of our conversations with you
• Your employment details and any information submitted for verification purposes
• Your personal opinions made known to us
• Your information on your use of our service
• Texting and any type of communication data from you to DateMe, us or any party or groups
• Information from other organisation - These organisations can include business partners with whom we are working with on promotions,
fraud-prevention agencies, business directories, credit reference agencies or individuals we believe you have authorised to provide your personal details on your behalf.
We may use your information for:
a) Provisioning & Administration of Services
• Processing your orders and activating or deactivating services
• Processing bills and payments
• Communicating with you, including providing you with updates on changes to products, services, advice and/or recommendations
• Responding to queries or feedback;
• Addressing or investigating any complaints, claims or disputes;
• Verifying your identity
• Responding to enquiries and requests from you or people you have authorized
• Monitoring products and services provided by or made available through us
• Providing services or content
b) Market Research, Network & Service Enhancement
• Performing market analysis
• Analytics for the purposes of developing or improving our products, services, security, service quality, and advertising strategies, as well as personalise the services we offer you
c) Sharing of Rewards and Benefits
• Offering rewards and promotions, and share promotional benefits and loyalty programs which you may qualify for
• Determining your eligibility for rewards and promotions
• Providing updates, offers, invitations to events and deliver relevant advertising, including through voice and SMS with your prior consent or if otherwise permitted under local laws and regulations
d) Security and Risk Management
• Informing you of service and security issues.
• Conducting internal audits.
• Ensuring the safety and security of our properties and systems.
• Conducting checks against money laundering, terrorism financing and related risks.
• Promoting safety and security. We may use your information, including date of birth, to verify identity and to determine eligibility to use the Services.
• Loss prevention, anti-fraud and/or unauthorized activity and to enforce our Terms of Service.
e) Legal & Regulatory Requirements
• Meeting legal, regulatory and other requirements including providing assistance to law enforcement, judicial and other government agencies.
• Conducting anti-money laundering, suppression of terrorism financing and related checks.
• As part of legal matter or investigation, including an investigation related to a suspected breach of our Terms of Service.
• Seeking professional advice, including legal advice.
We may also use personal data for purposes set out in the terms and conditions that govern our relationship with you or our customer.
We may use your personal data to offer you products or services, including special offers, promotions, contests or entitlements that may be of interest to you or for which you may be eligible. Such marketing messages may be sent to you in various modes including but not limited to electronic mail, direct mailers, short message service, telephone calls, facsimile and other mobile messaging services. In doing so, we will comply with the Data Protection Act of UK and any other relevant privacy laws.
In respect of sending telemarketing messages to your telephone number via short message service, telephone calls, facsimile and other mobile messaging services, please be assured that we shall only do so if we have your clear and unambiguous consent in writing or other recorded form to do so or if you have not otherwise made the appropriate registration of that number with the Do Not Call Registry.
If we have an ongoing relationship with you and you have not indicated to us that you do not wish to receive telemarketing messages sent to your telephone number, we may send you telemarketing messages to that number related to the subject of our ongoing relationship via short message service, facsimile and other mobile messaging services (other than a voice or video call).
You may at any time request that we stop contacting you for marketing purposes via selected or all modes. Nothing in this section shall vary or supersede the terms and conditions that govern our relationship with you.
We do not share, sell or transfer your personal information without your consent, except as described below:
To protect DateMe.io and its users, or for legal purposes. We may disclose your information: (a) if we think it's needed to detect, prevent or address illegal activity on our Services, or identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who appears to be causing injury to or interfering with our rights or property or other users; (b) as part of a legal matter or investigation, including an investigation related to a suspected breach of our Terms of Service; (c) when we believe that disclosure is required or permitted by law, including when responding to subpoenas, warrants, production orders, or similar instruments; or (d) if we believe that disclosure is needed to prevent financial loss; protect your safety or the safety of others, including when there is an emergency involving potential harm, loss of security or serious injury to people or threats of such emergencies; or are obligated to report illegal activity.
Audits - We may need to share your information in order to complete third party financial, technical and legal audits of our operations as part of that review.
You may set up your web browser to block cookies from monitoring your website visit. You may also remove cookies stored from your computer or mobile device. However, if you do block cookies you may not be able to use certain features and functions of our web sites.
Your personal data is retained with us as long as the purpose for which it was collected remains and until it is no longer necessary for any other legal or business purposes.
You may request access or make corrections to your personal data held by DateMe.io. DateMe.io may charge a fee for processing your request for access. Such a fee depends on the nature and complexity of your access request. Information on the processing fee will be made available
Please contact us (please see the "How to contact us" section below) for details on how you may request such access or corrections.
We may amend this policy from time to time to ensure that this policy is consistent with any developments to the way DateMe.io uses your personal data or any changes to the laws and regulations applicable to DateMe.io. We will make available the updated policy on our web site. All communications, transactions and dealings with us shall be subject to the latest version of this policy in force at the time.
To contact us on any aspect of this policy or to provide any feedback that you may have, please visit any of our offices or contacting our customer support officer at [email protected]